South-east Asia, and Malaysia in particular, is a key market region for UK universities. Around 20 UK universities have set up Regional Offices in Kuala Lumpur, and we can help other universities that aspire to have some kind of permanent representation in the region.
We work in a proactive manner, by offering bespoke consultancy services to a limited number of UK universities. Much of the focus of these services is on setting up institutional links, allowing students to progress on articulation from Malaysian universities to our UK clients. We help our clients establish a strong market presence, by carrying out targeted marketing and recruitment activities. We also provide the normal recruitment services for students that are provided by a conventional agent.
As an outline menu of services for a client university, we can:
- raise the profile with key influencers in the region, such as government officials, local universities, research institutes, international schools and the British Council
- work with alumni to promote the university
- identify potential institutional links
- develop new and existing links
- arrange for visiting staff to give guest lectures at local universities
- set up meeting schedules for visiting staff
- give presentations at international schools
- attend local marketing and recruitment events on behalf of a client
- assist at fairs
- carry out market research
- advise on market trends and new course development
- conduct English language testing (if the university has its own test)
- assist students with their application forms
- assist students with applying for accommodation
- assist students with their visa application
- conduct pre-departure briefings
- advise on scholarships
In addition to the above services, we can help establish (and manage) a Regional Office. We have set up and operated Regional Offices for two UK universities. Through our subsidiary company in Malaysia (S.E.A. Education Advisory Services Sdn Bhd) we are allowed to employ staff, rent office space, open bank accounts, and carry out other business activities in the country. Our Regional Offices have the great competitive advantage of being able to issue offer letters (within defined limits), ensuring a rapid and professional response to student applications.